e-Qual’s CSR commitment
Our CSR challenges
Towards our employees
We wish to help the self-development and well-being of our employees, thus, we ensure high-performance services for our customers. So we pay close attention to:
- Provide a pleasant setting for work;
- Respecting individuals and equality;
- Encourage skill development and initiative;
- Implement social benefits for our employees.
Future of the earth depends on all and each action is important. Thus, in order to limit our footprint on environment, we commit ourselves to:
- Watch and reduce our energy consumption;
- Reduce our waste and encourage recycling;
- Limit our travels and make sure the necessary ones are optimized.
For our customers
We would like all our suppliers (including equipment manufacturers) to be involved in a sustainable development momentum. Because we want our customers to benefit from services and products that are developed by responsible companies respecting human rights and environment.
e-Qual’s CSR policy has been rewarded
At the end of 2016, e-Qual has been noted on CSR by Ecovadis. Ecovadis has labelled e-Qual Gold CSR with the mark of 68/100. Thus, e-Qual joins the 5 % companies that are best noted by Ecovadis. Ecovadis audit concerned environment, social issues, business ethics and responsible purchasing.
Our accession to the Global Compact
To go further with our CSR approach, in October 2016, we have decided to join the Global Compact. This international organization is related to the United Nations and gathers enterprises and non-profit organizations that are part of a sustainable development effort. Global Compact works as a sort of network.
To sign this global pact will allow us to improve our CSR approach while supporting the building of a more ethic economic system.
As a member of the Global Compact, e-Qual pledges to apply 10 leading principles ralated to environment, social issues and ethics:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses;
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour;
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation;
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies;
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Our objectives regarding these 10 principles, the steps we take towards them and the inherent results will be communicated on a yearly basis to the Global Compact.
2018 highlights of our progress for a positive impact on society and environment are :
- The launching of our new SD-WAN service called Mandala is especially in line with Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) number 9 Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure; Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation, among the 17 SDGs defined within the Global Compact. https://www.unglobalcompact.org/sdgs/17-global-goals
Mandala allows distributed enterprises to manage optimally their information network. Mandala solution is based on wide-distributed application rules. Less equipment is required, hence Mandala helps to limit natural resources exploitation used for manufacturing. Mandala service allows to use best suited connectivity at each remote site of the network, considering usage and cost of connectivity. Hence less bandwidth and financial budget is wasted.
- e-Qual has now a Hygiene, Security and Environment committee. The committee is mandated to identify risks related to the 3 fields and to prevent such risks including by dissemination of information.
- Internal communication has been enlarged and more regular.
- An agreement allowing teleworking was signed in 2018.
- The share of our green purchasing in office stationery has more than doubled since 2017.